Its been days since my last post. Hence, I've aggregated all the stuff and post them here... all in one shot. The past week has ended on a rather positive note.
On the hardware front:
- Firmware Update Version 1.2 is currently available for download via the HD DVD player's ethernet port or via an update disc that Toshiba will mail to you (if you request for it). The update is meant for Toshiba's HD-A2, HD-A2W, and HD-D2 HD DVD players.
- This update addresses some problems Toshiba has identified with HDMI/DVI connectivity and disc playback. Please first refer to the webpage Firmware Update Information for Owners of Toshiba HD DVD Players: Models HD-A2, HD-A2W, and HD-D2 for full details and upgrading instructions direct from Toshiba (America) before attempting to upgrade the firmware.
- It seems that such a firmware update was also made available to European owners of the Toshiba HD-E1 a few days/weeks ago.
- I've yet to receive any official word with regards to an update being made available for the HD-XF2 (Japan). But I guess it won't take long before they release an update.
On the software front:
- Guess the news have reached almost every single owner of a HD DVD player... Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that it has plans to add another 100 titles to the existing selection of HD DVD titles over the course of 2007. 90% of which will be released as HD DVD/DVD Combos. The titles mentioned in the press release have been updated in our Coming Soon list.
- Nature's Colors With the World's Greatest Music will be released on HD DVD/DVD Combo disc this February 27. The main feature will be presented in 1080i High Definition with Dolby Digital-Plus & Dolby TrueHD audio tracks. Nature's Colors would include those from Bora Bora to Africa, from the Midwest to the Pacific Coast, from Costa Rica to Bali, from Hawaii to Arizona, from the Rocky Mountains to the Redwood Forest while World's Greatest Music will feature classical tracks from from Bach to Beethoven to Ravel to Debussy.