Universal Studios Adds 'The Break-up' to October HD DVD Slate
Earlier I mentioned that The Break-up is coming to HD DVD, and Universal Studios Home Entertainment have just confirmed that The Break-up is due on HD DVD/DVD Combo Format disc, October 17, day-and-date with its DVD release. It will be priced at $39.98 SRP.
The main feature will be presented in 1080p High Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) video with Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (English, French & Spanish) audio on the HD DVD side. On the DVD side, the main feature will be presented in Standard Definition Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) video with Dolby Digital 5.1 (English) and Dolby Digital 2.0 (French & Spanish) audio. English [SDH], French & Spanish subtitles are provided.
Bonus materials on the DVD side will be similar to the standard DVD incarnations. Bonus materials include:
- HD DVD Exclusive extras: U-Control
- Feature Commentary with Actors Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston
- Feature Commentary with Director Peyton Reed
- Alternate Ending - The DVD offers audiences a special look at "what might have been" for Brooke and Gary with an alternate ending that will surprise and delight.
- Deleted Scenes
- Extended Scenes
- Improv with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau with Optional Commentary - Longtime comedy partners Vince and Jon riff their way through a series of side-splitting scenes
- In Perfect Harmony: The Tone Rangers - From funky grooves to perfect pitch, actor John Michael Higgins shows you what it takes to be a Tone Ranger.
- The Making of The Break-Up
- Three Brothers: A Tour of Chicago - Vince Vaughn introduces an exciting and comedic behind-the-scenes look at the some of the Windy City's most notable attractions.
Preliminary cover artwork preview follows (subject to changes especially the top 'HD DVD' banner)...