'Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics' Arrives On HD DVD, March 25
Following the release of Digital Video Essentials on HD DVD/DVD Combo disc earlier this year, we've been informed that Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics will be available to own on HD DVD (non-combo), come March 25, 2008, at $29.95 SRP each.
Official information regarding the Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics HD DVD...
If you are like most people, your HDTV is among the most used and least understood devices in your home. Getting the most of your set will require some adjustments. HD Basics will teach you how to achieve this.
Created by home theater industry legend Joe Kane, HD Basics is the definitive High Definition home theater calibration tool. It promises to help you maximize the capability of your set with the user controls, and give you an understanding of the concepts that are vital to getting the most out of your HDTV.
“Where Would You Like To Start?” HD Basics begins with this simple question. The straightforward menu will take you directly where you want to go.
A printed “road map” included with this program will help you determine if your home system is connected for optimal performance.
Highlights of the disc
- Easy to use menu system
- A ‘quick set-up’ option including an in depth description and explanation of how to use specific test patterns to calibrate your display
- Audio calibration test signals
- Descriptive text in the menu to help navigate each option
- A 97 minute overview of the basics of HDTV
- Introduction to the world of creating HDTV programs
- Audio commentary by Cinematographer Allen Daviau
- Audio commentary by Joe Kane for the demonstration materials
- Joe Kane’s Tri-Color Optical Filter
Labels: HD DVD Software