v

Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Lighter Side...

Having watched Transformers at a theatre overseas yesterday, just compels me to dedicate this blogpost to talked all (not exactly all, no spoliers here) about it.

After being disappointed by the sequels of Spider-Man, Pirates of the Caribbean and Fantastic Four, Transformers The Movie is surprisingly good... a good mixture of both fun and excitement, without being overly serious or draggy. In fact, I would consider it very much better than Spider-Man 3, POTC: At World's End and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. A few things were done right in my opinion, one is making the audience feel something for the good guys, the Autobots and their relationship with a human teenager. As a Transformers fan would know, these "robots" are a race (like human race) by themselves. The other is a huge sense of urgency which pushes the movie on, with a few comic relief thrown in here and there (without disturbing the flow). It certainly has a good mixture of both, and the movie's pacing seems to be just nice for me.

Besides that, Shia LaBeouf's acting seems to have improved (more convincing) since the last time I saw him on the film, The Greatest Game Ever Played and TV series, Even Stevens. His fans should be happy to know about that, or at least I know my niece would.

And I also believe the audience is in for a real treat in terms of visual and sound effects, especially the CG Autobots and Decepticons.

In my opinion, this is the movie to catch. An enjoyable and certainly entertaining movie! Try not to take the movie too seriously and have fun...

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger HighDefDiscNews said...

I'll wait for it to come out in High Def probably early next year or maybe by this Christmas. Who knows how quick they bring stuff out these days? hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home