'Beowulf - Director's Cut' Announced for HD DVD
Paramount Home Entertainment has just announced that Beowulf - Director's Cut will be available to own in high-definition exclusively on HD DVD, come February 29 (day-and-date with the DVD), for $39.99 SRP a copy.
We know that this title will not be an HD DVD-exclusive in some other countries and it has come to our attention that the HD DVD release in other countries will not have picture-in-picture track and web-enabled features.
Therefore, if you've come to appreciate the enhanced and advanced home entertainment experience - picture-in-picture track and web-enabled features - that the HD DVD format now offers, we recommend that you get this North American HD DVD release from Paramount (Since there's no region coding being established for HD DVD yet, the disc will remain playable in the future since it isn't region coded at the time of pressing.)
Main feature will be presented in
- 1080p High-Definition Widescreen 2.35:1
- Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (English)
Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (English, French & Spanish)
- English [SDH], French & Spanish subtitle options.
Bonus materials include but may not be limited to:
- Feature-length Picture-in-Picture track
- A Hero’s Journey: The Making of Beowulf with optional pop-up trivia
- Web Enabled - Beowulf Profiler
- Additional Scenes
- Documentary plus lots of featurettes covering almost all aspects of the story and movie, from pre-production to post-production.
The list of additional scenes and featurettes is pretty long and many websites have already posted the information. If you need the entire list of additional scenes and featurettes, they can be found on this page from DVD Town.com.
Labels: HD DVD Software